Do you write poetry? Would you like to write and work in a positive and constructive atmosphere, enabling you to develop your poetry writing skills? This ten week course, run by award-winning poet Rebecca Goss, is an opportunity to see your poetry writing progress.
The course will provide:
- stimulating writing workshops designed to create new work
- concentrated time for writing
- development of editing and drafting techniques
- a chance to explore and learn from the work of contemporary writers
- the opportunity to share work with others, helping to develop your critical skills
- regular feedback on your work
- information and discussion of the contemporary poetry scene and routes into publication
Dates: January 18th 2017 – March 29th 2017 (no class Feb 15th)
Time: Wednesdays 6.30-9.00pm
Location: Hadleigh Library, 29 High Street, Hadleigh, Suffolk, IP7 5SD.
Cost: £375.00 For registration/more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the tutor: Rebecca Goss’s first collection The Anatomy of Structures was published by Flambard Press in 2010. Her second collection, Her Birth (Carcanet/Northern House), was shortlisted for The 2013 Forward Prize for Best Collection, The Warwick Prize for Writing 2015 and The Portico Prize for Literature 2015. It was winner of the Poetry Category in The 2013 East Anglian Book Awards. In 2014 Rebecca was selected for The Poetry Book Society’s Next Generation Poets.